CMU programs include:
- A renowned winter concert series and summer festival featuring the resident Felici Trio and celebrated artists from around the world
- A Music School: After school instrumental programs in Mammoth Lakes, Bishop and Lee Vining, enrolling over 120 young pianists, violinists and cellists in weekly lessons.
- Outreach: music presentations for all age levels in the classroom, an assembly or library
How CMU gives to the community:
- Opens the study of an instrument to all youngsters with highly-qualified artist-teachers, regardless of financial means, through substantial scholarships. CMU annually awards over $15,000 in tuition scholarships and loans out 80 string instruments free of charge.
- Offers school presentations for all grade levels at fees well below event costs
- Nurtures community pride: the resident Felici Piano Trio was featured on the California Arts Council's "Touring Artists Roster", and tours nationally and internationally to critical acclaim
- Enriches existing institutions' educational offerings and goals.
- Enhances community or social events
CMU's programs seek to:
- Create connectedness, across political, social, racial, religious, age or gender boundaries.
- Put the Eastern Sierra on the map with important artistic centers through high-profile events with internationally-renowned artists.
How does CMU accomplish its goals?
- Through programs that offer a wide range of musical experiences and address the general population and visitors, as well as specific focus groups.
- By presenting a concert series of the highest rank featuring informal introductory talk to familiarize new concertgoers with a particular composition's content and expression.
- With educational programs that teach instrumental and music making skills to children and adults.
- Through in-school programs and presentations in a variety of settings that seek to nurture a love and appreciation for the art form of music.
- With community outreach performances.
- By offering classes through Cerro Coso Community College.
To partner with CMU through your gift, please visit the Donate page.